RESTYLANE IN ORANGE COUNTY
Dr. Farbod Esmailian is a board certified plastic surgeon in Orange County, who frequently assists individuals in diminishing the signs of aging using innovative products like Restylane. He also uses dermal fillers as a means to enhance the lips, making them more plump.
Restylane is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural substance than we are born with and found in our skin. Babies have the highest level of HA and as we age this decreases over time, resulting in less plump and supple skin. Restylane injections help restore the HA that is lost as one ages. Dr. Esmailian performs Restylane treatments at his office in Orange County.
REASONS PEOPLE IN ORANGE COUNTY CHOOSE TO HAVE RESTYLANE TREATMENTS
Individuals who have moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles choose to have Restylane treatments to diminish the appearance of these bothersome facial characteristics. Also patients that have hollowing of the cheek area may opt to have facial filler injections.
Restylane products can be used in various areas of the face, including the lips, cheeks, nasolabial folds, tear trough area (under the eyes) and many more.
Although each treatment varies, in general, a Restylane treatment usually takes less than an hour. Typically, there is very little to no recovery time associated with a Restylane treatment.
RESTYLANE TREATMENT IN ORANGE COUNTY – THE PROCEDURE
Dr. Esmailian performs dermal filler treatments at his office in Orange County.
1. Prior to beginning the Restylane treatment, Dr. Esmailian or a staff member may apply numbing cream to the areas being treated.
2. This numbing cream may be wiped away and a cold gel pack will be placed on the areas being treated.
3. Directly prior to the injections, the areas of the face receiving treatment are thoroughly cleansed with an antiseptic.
4. Using an ultra-fine needle, Dr. Esmailian injects the dermal filler into the areas being treated.
5. Prior to leaving his Orange County office, individuals need to take a moment to schedule their follow-up appointment.
WHAT TO EXPECT FOLLOWING A RESTYLANE PROCEDURE IN ORANGE COUNTY
For the first six hours, individuals should avoid touching the areas of the face that were treated. There is no massaging required. Ice may be applied to the areas gently to help with swelling and potential bruising.
FOLLOWING A TREATMENT WITH RESTYLANE, SOME INDIVIDUALS EXPERIENCE:
- Swelling (more likely in individuals under the age of 36)
- Bruising (more likely in individuals over the age of 35)
THESE SYMPTOMS ARE GENERALLY MILD AND ARE TYPICALLY SHORT-LIVED:
- Symptoms related to the nasolabial folds and other areas of the face clear up within 7 days.
- Individuals who choose Restylane for lip enhancement may also experience some of these symptoms: Symptoms usually last about 7-10 days.
For at least one week before and one week after a treatment with Restylane, individuals should avoid taking non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs), aspirin, high doses of Vitamin E and the herb St. John’s Wort. These products tend to thin the blood and may increase the incidence of bleeding at the injection sites. Increased bleeding may increase the incidence of bruising.
Cold compresses can be used to reduce inflammation. Ice should never be placed directly on the skin: The ice should be wrapped in a towel and then gently held on the inflamed areas. Ice can remain on the area for 20 minutes at a time. Holding ice on an area longer than recommended or without a covering could damage the tissues in the face.
Avoid Intense heat, such as sun lamps, saunas or sunbathing; in addition, avoid spending a great deal of time out in the cold.
If you are interested in learning more about the non-surgical procedures available at Dr. Farbod Esmailian’s office in Orange County, please contact the office today.
- Orange County Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Options
- Common Breast Implant Problems
- Nipple & Areola Reduction
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Removal (Breast Explant Surgery)