BREAST AUGMENTATION VIA FAT TRANSFER IN ORANGE COUNTY, CA
Recent developments in the technology of fat grafting has made it possible for women to use their own body fat to increase the size of their breasts by no more than a cup. Fat transfer for breast augmentation should ideally be considered for patients that do not want an increase in cup size but want to add more fullness in the upper pole. Dr. Farbod Esmailian is a board-certified, highly experienced plastic surgeon who performs breast augmentation procedures using fat that he attains from troublesome areas of the patient’s body. This breast enhancement procedure is referred to as a breast augmentation via fat transfer.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER A BREAST AUGMENTATION VIA FAT TRANSFER IN ORANGE COUNTY?
Breast augmentation via fat transfer is the perfect choice for women who are interested in increasing the size of their breasts. A breast augmentation via fat transfer is also ideal for women who would like to attain slightly larger breasts without the need for manufactured products. The primary purpose of fat transfer to the breast is to help fill the hollowing of the upper pole of the breast.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING HARVESTED FAT TO AUGMENT THE BREASTS?
Besides increasing a woman’s bust size, a breast augmentation via fat transfer involves removing excess fat from areas of the body that are resistant to diet and exercise. This excess fat is removed via liposuction.
OTHER BENEFITS OF AN AUGMENTATION VIA FAT TRANSFER IN ORANGE COUNTY INCLUDE:
- A patient who has a breast augmentation using implants will need to have incisions created within the breast area, whereas, a patient who decides to have her breasts augmented using her own fat cells will not. The only incisions that are created during a breast augmentation via fat transfer are those used to harvest the fat and very small incisions to transfer the fat to the breasts. The fat is harvested via liposuction. To attain the fat, Dr. Esmailian only needs to create few small incisions. These incisions are created in the areas where Dr. Esmailian is removing excess fat. Any scars resulting from the fat harvesting procedure are virtually invisible once the incisions have fully healed.
- Breast augmentation via fat transfer is a more natural way to add volume to the breasts and, when compared to the other breast enhancement options available, a breast augmentation using harvested fat offers patients fewer potential problems.
- Since the patient’s own fat cells are used during this procedure, there is no chance that she will experience an adverse reaction such as capsular contracture. These kinds of reactions can only occur if some type of foreign substance, including silicone and saline implants, is placed in the body.
- Patients who opt to have a breast augmentation via fat transfer never have to worry about an implant leaking or rupturing. With the FDA-approved silicone and saline implants used today, neither a rupture nor leak is considered dangerous, however, the breast implant will need to be removed altogether or removed and replaced at some point.
- Increasing one’s breast size using harvested fat eliminates the possibility of experiencing any of the potential complications or negative side effects associated with breast implants.
- In a single treatment, Dr. Farbod Esmailian can remove fat from one area of the body using liposuction, then purify that fat – which ensures he attains the most viable fat cells possible – and then transfer the purified fat (via injection) into specific areas of the patient’s breasts. Using this revolutionary method, Dr. Esmailian can increase a patient’s breast size but mainly add fullness to the upper pole.
- While some resorption is expected, the final size of the augmented breasts is determined by the way the body reacts to the transferred fat cells. The fat that is not resorbed by the body is permanent.
- When comparing the look and feel of breasts enlarged using implants to breasts enlarged using the patients’ own fat, the breasts of the women who chose breast augmentation via fat transfer looked and felt more natural than the breasts of the women who chose to have implants placed.
- Long-term breast thinning, which is usually associated with the insertion of large breast implants, is not an issue with the fat transfer augmentation technique.
- With fat grafting, patients have no maintenance to worry about. Although implants are meant to last a very long time, they will not necessarily last throughout a woman’s entire lifetime, therefore, at some point, women with implants may need to visit their plastic surgeon to address an implant-related issue.
- A woman who chooses to use fat instead of implants to increase the size of her breasts benefits from the body contouring techniques Dr. Farbod Esmailian utilizes while he harvests fat from areas of her body that are resistant to diet and exercise.
ARE THERE ANY DISADVANTAGES ASSOCIATED WITH A BREAST AUGMENTATION VIA FAT TRANSFER?
When it comes to harvesting and transferring fat for breast augmentation purposes, there is no standard technique. This is one of the main reasons that choosing an experienced plastic surgeon to perform an augmentation via fat transfer is so crucial.
POTENTIAL DISADVANTAGES INCLUDE:
- The patient must have an adequate amount of fat to transfer to her breasts.
- Fat reabsorption is expected, which may affect the final volume of the patient’s breasts.
- Following the procedure, to attain optimal results, the patient may still need a breast lift. A breast lift and fat transfer can be performed at the same time.
- Very Limited size increase options during a single fat transfer session.
- If calcifications form, these calcifications may interfere with the imaging used to detect breast cancer.
- Breast augmentation via fat transfer tends to be more expensive than a traditional breast augmentation using implants.
- There is the possibility of irregularities at the sites where fat is harvested, which is another reason why choosing an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon in Orange County is essential.
AN INITIAL CONSULTATION FOR A BREAST ENLARGEMENT PROCEDURE USING HARVESTED FAT
Each breast enlargement option offers unique benefits: So, the best way to determine which method will provide a patient with optimal results is to schedule an initial consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon who specializes in performing breast augmentations via fat transfer. Since he is a premier, double board-certified plastic surgeon in Orange County, many women who reside in, or visit this area, choose Dr. Farbod Esmailian to perform their breast enhancement procedures.
During the consultation, Dr. Esmailian takes the time to get to know the patient and to discover why she wants to have a breast augmentation in Orange County. He will examine the patient’s breasts. If the patient may be a candidate for a breast augmentation via fat transfer, Dr. Farbod Esmailian will also examine the various areas of the body that could be used to harvest fat. This allows him to determine if the patient has enough fat to harvest for a breast augmentation using this innovative technique.
Once the examination is complete, Dr. Esmailian will be able to tell the patient how she can attain the body she desires: It is the patient who determines whether she would like to move forward with any of the procedures that Dr. Esmailian recommends.
Patients are always encouraged to ask questions, Dr. Esmailian and his staff are dedicated to providing each patient with the compassionate, individualized, high-quality care that they deserve. To accomplish this, patients need to be candid with Dr. Esmailian and his staff. Every question asked is vital to ensuring the patient’s safety during treatment.
AUTOLOGOUS FAT TRANSFER BREAST AUGMENTATION: THE PROCEDURE
Patients undergoing a breast augmentation via fat transfer may receive general anesthesia. Since a breast augmentation via fat transfer is an outpatient procedure, the patient returns home directly after recovery. As such, patients who receive general anesthesia during their Orange County breast augmentation via fat transfer will not be able to drive themselves home. These patients need to bring a licensed driver with them to the surgery center on the day of their procedure.
When general anesthesia is used, the procedure begins after the patient has fallen into a deep sleep (general).
1. Dr. Esmailian creates an incision at one of the areas from which he is harvesting fat. Tumescent solution is injected to give pain relief after the procedure as well as to decrease the bleeding and bruising.
2. During the liposuction portion of this procedure, he is not just harvesting the fat, he is also beautifully contouring these areas of the patient’s body.
3. Once the fat is harvested from a particular area of the body, Dr. Esmailian carefully closes the incision using dissolvable sutures.
4. After harvesting all the fat, it is purified.
5. A bandage is placed over each closed incision.
6. Once the fat cells are purified, Dr. Esmailian’s vision, artistic skill and knowledge aid him as he delicately injects the patient’s fat cells into specific areas of her breasts.
7. To ensure he provides each patient with beautiful, symmetrical breasts, as Dr. Esmailian injects the fat cells, he continuously considers the shape and integrity of the breasts.
RECOVERING FROM A BREAST AUGMENTATION VIA FAT TRANSFER IN ORANGE COUNTY
Once the procedure is over, it is imperative that patients follow Dr. Esmailian’s recommendations as they recover.
SOME OF THESE RECOVERY RECOMMENDATIONS INCLUDE:
- Patients need to keep their bandages clean and dry for the first 48 hrs.
- After two days the bandages can be removed.
- Once the bandages are removed, patients can take a shower. As they shower, patients can get the tapes wet but make sure they are dried afterwards.
- Dr. Esmailian typically uses dissolvable stitches. These stitches dissolve within a couple weeks. Therefore, patients do not need to return to Dr. Farbod Esmailian’s office in Orange County to have them removed.
- Patients need to wear their compression garment as directed by Dr. Esmailian. This garment is very important because it helps reduce inflammation and provides support for the newly contoured areas of the patient’s body.
- Some patients may receive a prescription for pain medication. If not, then Dr. Esmailian will recommend an over-the-counter medication to address any discomfort the patient experiences following her augmentation via fat transfer in Orange County.
- Patients typically return to work 3-5 days after their procedure.
- Patients need to keep their follow-up appointments: It is during these appointments that Dr. Esmailian can ensure that the patient is healing as expected. In addition, these visits are a good time for patients to ask any questions they have about the recovery process.
- Although most of the inflammation and bruising subsides after about two weeks, it can take up to four to six months for all the swelling to fully dissipate and, once all the swelling resolves, patients will see the full results of their augmentation as well as the beautiful body contouring that Dr. Esmailian performed during the liposuction portion of their procedure.
HOW MUCH WILL AN ORANGE COUNTY BREAST AUGMENTATION VIA FAT TRANSFER COST?
A breast augmentation via fat transfer is a uniquely designed procedure, therefore, in order to determine how much this procedure would cost a particular patient, Dr. Esmailian has to meet with and examine the patient during an initial consultation.
FINANCING OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE
As a means to assist those who would like to have a plastic surgery procedure, but are unable to pay for their procedure outright, Dr. Esmailian provides his patients with flexible financing options. One of the options available at his Orange County office is CareCredit.
To learn more about the revolutionary procedures available at Dr. Farbod Esmailian’s Orange County office and surgery center, contact his office today to schedule your initial consultation. You can call (562) 430-7373 or use the online contact form by clicking here. The office is located in Los Alamitos, California, at 10861 Cherry St., Suite 108.
- Orange County Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Options
- Common Breast Implant Problems
- Nipple & Areola Reduction<
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Removal (Breast Explant Surgery)
Fat transfer breast augmentation is an alternative to traditional breast augmentation
Fat transfer breast augmentation is an alternative to traditional breast augmentation procedures, in which a silicone or saline breast implant is used. Quite literally, fat transfer breast augmentation is exactly that. Through a series of intricate steps, Dr. Esmailian can take fat from an area of excess and transfer it into the breasts, giving them a fuller, more voluminous appearance.
First, fat is removed from your body, either from your buttocks, waist, thighs or other location. In removing this fat, Dr. Esmailian performs liposuction. It’s important for patients to understand this is not simply for the purpose of harvesting fat. He uses this liposuction as an opportunity to perform beautiful body contouring on the targeted area.
Once the fat has been harvested, it is cleaned and processed for reinjection. Once it is ready, Dr. Esmailian precisely and delicately injects the fat into the breasts, always considering their shape and integrity. Some related procedures include breast augmentation and breast lift surgery.
BENEFITS OF FAT TRANSFER BREAST AUGMENTATION
Through advancements in the field of natural breast augmentation, patients can increase their breast size by half a cup size to a full cup size. In many cases this will depend upon how each patient’s body reacts to the reinjected fat. There is some resorption of the fat that can be expected, and the remaining fat should enhance the breasts permanently.
Because you are using your own tissue, there is no chance of an adverse reaction to foreign substances in the body, as there can be with traditional silicone or saline implants. What that means for you is zero chance of capsule complications, like capsular contracture (hard breast implants) and there is no danger of leakage. Any other complication associated with artificial implants is rendered null and void through fat transfer breast augmentation.
This increasingly popular method of breast enhancement has the additional benefit of leaving no scarring in the chest and a virtually invisible scar where the liposuction was performed.
FAT GRAFTING BREAST RECONSTRUCTION
If you have had a medical condition that has affected the shape or size of your breast, then you might be a good candidate for fat grafting breast reconstruction. Whether you have just received a mastectomy, lumpectomy or other procedure, natural breast reconstruction could be an option for you to restore your breast to its original state. Because you are using your own tissue, there is no risk of running into the usual implant-related problems that some run into.
NATURAL BREAST AUGMENTATION VS. TRADITIONAL BREAST IMPLANTS
There are benefits to be gained from each of the various breast augmentation procedures. Overall, the fat transfer method is more natural, has less potential problems, and can increase breasts up to one full cup size in a single treatment.
When deciding which method is best for you, the most important step is in choosing your surgeon. Dr. Esmailian is a double board-certified plastic surgeon who is an expert in fat transfer natural breast augmentation procedure as well as traditional breast augmentation. His accolades, experience and education are only bested by his overwhelming compassion for his patients. In your private consultation with Dr. Esmailian, he will work with you to establish what your ideal figure is, what concerns you may have, and what you want out of his expertise. From there he will give you treatment options and his expert opinion on how to acquire your ideal figure. At the office of Dr. Esmailian, there are never pushy sales pitches or opinionated know-bests telling you how you should feel. He works with you, understands what you want and what your concerns are, and only then will give you treatment options.