There are few procedures more commonly associated with the field of plastic surgery than a facelift. In the quest to restore or maintain a youthful appearance, the main battle is in the face, fighting against pesky wrinkles and hollows. While facial fillers and other nonsurgical procedures can stimulate collagen growth to fill in the face, the results are temporary when compared to a facelift. For patients looking to receive the best facelift in Orange County, Dr. Esmailian provides lasting and tasteful results.
As we age, our skin succumbs to the effects of collagen loss, gravity, and a number of other factors that contribute to an aged appearance. A facelift can effectively handle a number of age-related cosmetic issues, including:
- Loose skin in the face
- Saggy cheeks
- Deep creases in the eyelids and lower lip
- Excess skin in the jowls
- Loss of tone or definition in the neck
- Vertical bands in the neck
A facelift is not done to treat superficial wrinkles or sun damage. This can be done with noninvasive procedures such as laser resurfacing. A facelift is done to produce a younger overall tone in the facial skin.
THE FACELIFT PROCEDURE
Your facelift with Dr. Esmailian begins with a consultation. During this time, you and he will discuss your goals and the techniques necessary to achieve them. He will make professional recommendations, and you can ask any questions or address any concerns. Dr. Esmailian will not end the consultation until you feel completely satisfied with the outcome.
A facelift is typically done with general anesthesia, but in some cases local anesthesia may be used. This will depend upon the complexity of the procedure, as well as your personal preference.
A facelift can be done using several different techniques, depending upon the patient’s desired result. During the consultation, one of the considerations discussed will be which facelift technique will be used. Dr. Esmailian may use one of the following techniques:
- During a traditional facelift, Dr. Esmailian will make incisions on either side of your face. This gives him the ability to address every section of the face to create more youthful tones and better texture.
- A limited-incision facelift uses incisions in a similar place, but they are much shorter in length. This is usually done if there are specific problem areas in the face to be addressed.
- A neck lift is done to handle sagging skin under the jaw or in the neck. Incisions are made behind the ears so Dr. Esmailian can remove excess skin and reposition the remaining skin.
A facelift typically takes two to four hours.
- Orange County Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Options
- Common Breast Implant Problems
- Nipple & Areola Reduction<
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Removal (Breast Explant Surgery)
FACELIFT SURGERY WITH ORANGE COUNTY PLASTIC SURGEON DR. ESMAILIAN
A facelift (Rhytidectomy) is a comprehensive approach that is used to treat the sagging skin and wrinkles that appear as we age. During a facelift at his facility in Orange County, Dr. Farbod Esmailian tightens underlying muscles and tissues, removes the excess skin, and drapes the remaining skin back over the face and neck. Dr. Esmailian performs facelifts to reverse the signs of aging.
FACIAL FEATURES COMMONLY ADDRESSED WITH A FACELIFT IN ORANGE COUNTY
With a facelift, Dr. Esmailian can address numerous issues, including:
- Marionette Lines – the lines that extend from the corners of the mouth down the chin.
- Nasolabial Folds – the deep creases that extend from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Double Chin – caused by loose skin and excess fat deposits beneath the jaw and chin.
- Jowls – loss of muscle tone and sagging in the lower face.
- Decreased or Displaced Facial Fat.
- Deep Creases in the Eyelids.
- A Sagging Mid Face and/or Jawline.
- Loose Skin.
- Vertical Bands and/or Loss of Tone in the Neck.
- Hollowness Beneath the Eyes.
- Deep Creases in the Lower Lip.
BENEFITS OF A FACELIFT WITH DR. ESMAILIAN IN ORANGE COUNTY
- Is a long term fix since its results can last a decade or longer.
- Erases 10 to 15 years from the face.
- Effectively contours the jawline and neck.
- Is capable of improving numerous areas of the face in a single surgery.
Following your facelift with Dr. Esmailian at his facility in Orange County, the skin on your neck and face will appear firmer, smoother and fresher. While performing a facelift, Dr. Esmailian makes the incisions behind the ear; consequently, his patients’ facelift scars are practically invisible.
WHEN TO CONSIDER A FACELIFT IN ORANGE COUNTY
You should consider a facelift with Dr. Esmailian at his facility in Orange County if you:
See yourself in the mirror and have difficulty recognizing yourself.
Feel your face is not reflecting the youthful, refreshed appearance you wish to portray.
Believe that you are experiencing career and social obstacles due to your aging face.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION IN ORANGE COUNTY
During your initial consultation with Dr. Esmailian at his facility in Orange County, he will ask you what you want to achieve with a facelift. Feel free to ask Dr. Esmailian questions during this consultation; furthermore, to attain the best facelift results possible, it is essential that you remain upfront and honest with him.
Bring several photos of yourself with you to your initial consultation. Select pictures from 10 to 15 years ago: Dr. Esmailian can utilize these photos as a point of reference while discussing what you want to achieve with a facelift.
Dr. Esmailian may also:
- Take pictures of you to be placed in your medical record.
- Have you use a mirror to show him exactly what you want him to improve during your facelift.
- Measure your face.
- Evaluate your skin’s elasticity.
- Evaluate your health (including risk factors and/or pre-existing health conditions).
- Recommend a course of treatment.
- Discuss possible outcomes, including potential risks/complications.
During your initial consultation in Orange County, you should be prepared to discuss:
- Medical conditions you are currently receiving treatment for.
- Previous medical conditions.
- Drug allergies.
- Medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
- Previous surgeries.
- Tobacco, alcohol and/or recreational drug use.
- Other cosmetic procedures you have had.
If you are interested in learning how a facelift with Dr. Esmailian at his facility in Orange County can assist you in achieving a more youthful appearance, contact our office to schedule your initial consultation today. We look forward to meeting you.