Breast Implant Cost – Orange County, Newport Beach, Torrance, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, CA
A woman who has small or asymmetrical breasts and is suffering image issues has the option of choosing a breast augmentation procedure. Any such technique involves insertion of breast implants through incisions.
Before you opt for breast augmentation, a consultation with Dr Farbod Emailian can help – particularly if you are living in or around Orange County, Newport Beach, Torrance, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, CA. The surgeon, who has expertise in breast reduction, lift and augmentation procedures, will sit you down and explain to you the kind of breast implants available and the costs involved.
Kind of breast implants
There are two kinds of FDA-approved breast implants – silicone gel and saline. Saline implants are empty and are filled with saline water after insertion, while silicone implants are made of a gel. Silicone implants give a more natural feel than saline ones, which are not as soft as the latter. When it comes to the cost factor, silicone breast implants are twice as expensive as saline implants.
Procedure and breast implants costs
- Insurance may or may not be available because breast augmentation is considered more of a cosmetic procedure and less of a medical one.
- If cost is a worrying factor for you, there is some reason to cheer because the nation-wide average of costs involved in breast augmentation has dropped since 2010.
- According to The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the 2011 national average for surgeon/physician’s fee for breast augmentation involving silicone gel implants was $3,694 while the fee for procedure involving saline implants was $3,308.
- The other variable is the location of your facility – a center in Orange County, Newport Beach, Torrance, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, CA may charge differently from a center in the New York or Washington area.
- Anesthesia procedures and the brand of breast implants could also be another deciding factor. Also, the fees vary depending on how long one may have to stay in the hospital and if a patient is in the out-patient/daycare or in-patient facility.
- Check whether your breast implant comes with a warranty, in case you need to get replacements at a later date.
- Another factor to consider is whether follow-up visits and treatments are part of the package. In case of breast reduction procedures, the amount of tissue that needs to be removed plays a key role.
- If you opt for a breast lift procedure – breast augmentation doesn’t necessarily eliminate drooping or sagging of breasts – you need to find out if it is part of the overall package or not.
- If you still feel you may not be able to bear all the costs, there are finance options which offer low interest rate loans; your surgeon’s office could help you out with information on loan options.
Once the procedure is completed, make sure you visit your surgeon for advice on follow-ups. In case of a silicone gel breast implant, you may need to get an MRI done every year or so; regular breast examinations can detect any ruptures or abnormalities so you can avoid future complications.
For more information on procedures and treatments Plastic Surgeon, Dr Farbod Esmailian performs in and around Orange County, Newport Beach, Torrance, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, CA please visit: