IDEAL IMPLANT® IN ORANGE COUNTY, CA
Breast implant devices have come a long way since their initial introduction in the ‘60s. Today, women who reside in Orange County have a variety of breast implant devices to choose from when considering a breast augmentation procedure. Dr. Farbod Esmailian is one of the top breast augmentation surgeons in Orange County who now offers the most recent generation of breast implant devices, The IDEAL IMPLANT®.
THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
Until recently, the gummy bear breast implant was the newest generation of breast implant devices on the market. However, now there is another exciting implant device available in Orange County: The IDEAL IMPLANT®. This newest generation of breast implant device combines the best characteristics of saline and silicone breast implants to provide women with a revolutionary new breast implant option.
SALINE, SILICONE GEL AND THE IDEAL IMPLANT® – WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
For comparison purposes, an implant filled with saline is somewhat like a water balloon in that it has no structure. This lack of structure is why a saline implant device does not feel as much like breast tissue as a silicone breast implant device does. This also leads to the saline implant have more palpability and more issues with rippling.
SILICONE GEL BREAST IMPLANTS
A silicone gel breast implant feels much more natural than a saline implant does. However, since a silicone implant is pre-filled and then inserted, it usually requires a slightly larger incision. Dr. Esmailian’s use of the Keller funnel helps avoid making a larger incision. Although the gel used in silicone breast implants is approved by the FDA and deemed safe, in the event that an implant ruptures, there is no warning signs or symptoms. Therefore, the recommendation by the plastic surgery society is to have an MRI in 7-10 years after implantation.
THE IDEAL IMPLANT®
The IDEAL IMPLANT® was designed by a plastic surgeon, taking the best of saline and silicone gel breast implants into consideration to create a device that looks and feels like silicone, but has a saline filler for those patients that do not desire to have a silicone implant.
WHAT MAKES THE IDEAL IMPLANT® SO UNIQUE?
Although The IDEAL IMPLANT® is new, it consists of the same materials as the current silicone gel and saline breast implant devices do: The difference is in its unique design. The IDEAL IMPLANT® is built differently than all the previous and other current breast implant devices available in Orange County.
All of the other breast implant devices available in Orange County consist of a single silicone shell filled with silicone or saline. While there have been improvements to the silicone gel (i.e., form-stable cohesive gel, aka gummy bear implants) and the outer shells of both saline and silicone implants, the saline implants themselves have seen very little evolution. That is, until now. The revolutionary design of The IDEAL IMPLANT® allows its recipients in Orange County to have a breast implant consisting of saline that closely resembles the natural feel of the breast, which was previously only achieved with the use of silicone breast implants.
It is all about the design
– The IDEAL IMPLANT® consists of a complex multi-shell structure, which is why it is considered a Structured Breast Implant. The IDEAL IMPLANT® is specifically designed to hold saline in two separate chambers.
THE IDEAL IMPLANT® – TWO SEPARATE CHAMBERS OF SALINE
Multiple shells create two separate chambers, both of which contain salt water (saline) as opposed to the cohesive silicone gel that is typically used to give a silicone breast implant in Orange County its volume.
The IDEAL IMPLANT® has an inner shell that surrounds an inner chamber and an outer shell that surrounds an outer chamber. The saline sits within these inner and outer chambers.
BAFFLE SHELLS TO CONTROL THE MOVEMENT OF SALINE
The baffle shells (shells that have perforated slits to allow movement of saline) rest between the inner and outer shell. These baffle shells are designed to control the movement of the saline, which is what makes this implant feel like natural breast tissue. An IDEAL IMPLANT® can have up to three baffle shells.
The role of the baffle shell
– the baffle shell restricts the movement of the saline within the outer lumen area (thin opening that surrounds the chambers which hold the majority of the saline). The baffle shells allow saline to move freely through their perforated slits, around and even between each baffle shell. The ability of the baffle shells to control the movement of the saline is what makes The IDEAL IMPLANT® feel more like a silicone implant. This design also decreases the incidence of rippling and folding that is sometimes seen with saline breast implant devices, which reduces the risk of the implant rupturing or deflating.
PLACING THE IDEAL IMPLANT®
When Orange County plastic surgeon Dr. Farbod Esmailian places The IDEAL IMPLANT®, he can place the implant and then fill it with saline or he can place an implant that is already filled with saline. Just as with all other breast implant devices, this revolutionary new implant can be placed inside a pocket that is subglandular (directly above the pectoral muscle) or submuscular (directly beneath the pectoral muscle).
BENEFITS OF THE IDEAL IMPLANT®
As previously stated, The IDEAL IMPLANT® offers women in Orange County the best of both worlds, benefits include:
- no concerns related to silent ruptures
- no need to have an MRI or ultrasound to detect a rupture or leak
- the safety of salt water
- improved shell strength when compared to traditional saline implants
- decreased risk of capsular contracture (five-year, primary augmentation)
- extremely low rupture rate (five-year, primary augmentation)
- easy removal in the event of a rupture
Dr. Farbod Esmailian is an award-winning, double board-certified plastic surgeon in Orange County who performs breast augmentations using both the traditional and the newest generation of breast implant devices, including The IDEAL IMPLANT®. If you are interested in learning more about the cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures that Dr. Esmailian offers at his office in Orange County, contact the office today at (562) 430-7373 or, for your convenience, you can use the online contact form.
- Orange County Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Gummy Bear Breast Implants
- Breast Lift with Augmentation
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Gynecomastia Treatment
- Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Options
- Common Breast Implant Problems
- Nipple & Areola Reduction