Because Breast Augmentation is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures around it can result in a number of issues that are both cosmetic and comfort-related if performed imprecisely. While patients may feel a definite despair, there is an effective solution to get the desired result – breast revision surgery.
BREAST REVISION BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
BREAST REVISION SURGERY OVERVIEW
As a double board certified cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Esmailian can not only deliver superlative breast enhancement procedures, he can also revise procedures that have undesirable results. His breast revision is among the best in Orange County, effectively handling the following issues:
- Capsular contracture, which comes about from tissue in the breast hardening around the implant. This makes the implants look like firm rocks in the breasts, looking and feeling very unnatural.
- Symmastia, otherwise known as uniboob, in which the two breasts appear to fuse together in the middle.
- Rupture or deflation of an implant, resulting in a drained, saggy appearance because the implant is no longer holding its shape.
- Bottoming out, which occurs when the tissue holding the implant in place begins to give away, causing the implant to shift downwards.
There are many other reasons for a breast revision procedure. If you are in any way unhappy with your previous Breast Augmentation in Orange County, give us a call and we’ll answer any questions you have.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR BREAST REVISION SURGERY?
You are most likely a good candidate for breast implant revision surgery if you are experiencing problems with your implants or the surrounding tissue, if you are unhappy with your previous breast implants (due to implant placement or some sort of aesthetic problem), or if you wish to permanently remove your breast implants. Many patients even consider gummy bear breast implants which are the newest type of implants that use a very cohesive gel to hold their shape well.
To be a good candidate for breast revision surgery, you should be in good general health and not a smoker. The best way to find out if you are a good candidate for this type of procedure is to contact our office and schedule a consultation with Dr. Esmailian.
YOUR BREAST REVISION CONSULTATION
Your breast augmentation revision begins with a consultation. Dr. Esmailian does not take breast revision surgery lightly and wants to ensure that a total understanding is reached between himself and his patients. He understands the frustration that goes along with a poorly done breast enhancement and is focused on getting it right the second time around. During your breast revision consultation with Dr. Esmailian, he will discuss the general approach to your surgery. This will include results to expect, how to prepare for surgery, what you will experience post-op, incision and anesthesia options, and any other questions or concerns you may have. Once an understanding is reached with expectations mutually agreed upon, you and Dr. Esmailian will schedule the procedure.
Dr. Esmailian takes great care in ensuring he’s on the same page as each of his patients in order to deliver the best breast implant revision Orange County has to offer. Dr. Esmailian tailors each procedure to his patient’s individual desires and needs. He is part of a select group of surgeons who are board certified in both general and plastic surgery, making him a specialist of his field. You will find peace of mind knowing you’re in the hands of a highly capable surgeon.
BREAST IMPLANT REVISION PROCEDURE
The first step of the breast revision surgery is anesthetic administered by our board certified anesthesiologist. In most cases, Dr. Esmailian will recommend general anesthesia, although local anesthesia may be an option for some patients.
The next step is the initial incision. Dr. Esmailian can usually deliver breast revision through the previous surgeon’s incision, minimizing further stress on the breasts. In some cases, he may need to make a large incision to ensure the best possible outcome. In either case, he will discuss your incision options during your initial consultation so the proper decision can be made.
Once the incision is made, Dr. Esmailian begins the revision. Because a breast augmentation revision may be correcting a broad number of issues, the procedure is not uniform from patient to patient. In every case, Dr. Esmailian takes great care to eliminate any problem from your previous breast augmentation. After the procedure, you will immediately see the beautiful, natural breasts that you deserve.
As a breast revision specialist in Orange County, Dr. Esmailian has the training and experience necessary to give you the results you want. It is never too late to revise your previous breast procedure and get the results you’ve been wanting. Call us today to set an appointment to receive among the finest results in breast revision surgery Orange County provides.
BREAST AUGMENTATION REVISION
The increase in the number of breast procedure surgeries performed brings with it an increase in revision rates. Dr. Farbod Esmailian is a double board certified cosmetic surgeon in Orange County who can address the problems that arise from breast augmentation surgery. His meticulous surgical technique ensures that patients have a favorable outcome; which is why Dr. Esmailian can confidently perform breast augmentation revision procedures at his facility in Orange County.
REASONS INDIVIDUALS IN ORANGE COUNTY REQUEST AN AUGMENTATION REVISION
Breast augmentation revision surgery is frequently used to increase or decrease the size of the implants, as well as change the type of implant. It can also address complications related to previously placed breast implants.
As with any surgical procedure, complications can arise. Breast augmentation surgery is no different; however, should complications arise, revision procedures to correct these problems are available:
- Dr. Esmailian uses breast augmentation revision surgery to address a broad range of issues. These issues range from a simple scar revision to increasing or decreasing the size of the implants to a full breast reconstruction.
Elective reasons include:
- Individuals that are unhappy with the size of their current implants and desire increase or decrease the size of the implants.
- Individuals also choose to have a breast augmentation revision to change the type of implant they have. For example, an individual who has saline implants may decide to change to the relatively new gummy bear silicone implant.
- Individuals who have saline filled implants may be able to increase or decrease the size of their implants without changing the entire implant: Instead, Dr. Esmailian may be able to add or remove a small amount of saline from the lumen of the implant. This depends entirely on the type of implants placed and would have to be evaluated individually.
Some of the common complications Dr. Esmailian addresses in his Orange County office include:
- Capsular contracture
- Implant rupture
- Implant malposition including double bubble, bottoming out, lateral displacement, synmastia
A BREAST AUGMENTATION REVISION IN ORANGE COUNTY – THE PROCEDURE
Patients receive general anesthesia during their breast implant revision with Dr. Esmailian. General anesthesia puts the patient in a deep sleep to ensure that the patient remains comfortable throughout the procedure and is truly the best way to perform breast revision surgery.
THE BREAST REVISION SURGERY
Breast augmentation revision procedure in Orange County usually lasts from 1 to 3 hours, depending on what exactly needs to be done. In certain more complex cases, the procedure may take longer than 3 hours.
Once the anesthesia takes effect, the procedure begins. Incision placement options for a revision procedure are similar to those for an initial implant surgery. The patient’s preference and recommendations from Dr. Esmailian determines where the incision is made.
Incisions can be made in the following areas:
- Around the areola.
- In the fold below the breast.
The procedure is carried out and in most instances Dr. Esmailian will place new breast implants. These new implants are generally placed under the chest muscle in a dual plane fashion This means that the majority of the implant is behind the muscle and small part of it is behind the breast tissue. It combines the natural result of a subglandular breast augmentation with the benefits of a submuscular augmentation. Dr. Esmailian takes great care to place the implant in such a way as to not require future revisions. In fact, the Keller Funnel is often used in silicone implant cases so there is a no touch technique carried out.
THE RECOVERY PROCESS
Patients usually feel tired, sore and stiff directly after their breast revision surgery, however most patients state that their first surgery with the initial placement of the implants was more uncomfortable than the revision surgery.
- Scars remain pink for a few months; however, they begin fading shortly thereafter. Initially, the swelling may cause the breasts to feel hard; nevertheless, once the swelling subsides, the breasts soften.
- Patients should refrain from lifting their arms any higher than their armpit for a few weeks. Patients generally may shower 48 hours after the procedure.
- All the sutures placed are absorbable and do not require any removal.
- The majority of Dr. Esmailian’s Orange County patients return to work within 3-5 days.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION WITH DR. ESMAILIAN IN ORANGE COUNTY
When you meet with Dr. Esmailian at his office in Orange County, he will want to speak with you about:
- Your initial breast augmentation procedure.
- What you would like to accomplish through an augmentation revision procedure.
- Your medical history, including medications you are currently taking, vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements.
- Whether or not you use tobacco products, drink alcohol, or participate in recreational drug use.
- Your family’s medical history.
- Any questions you have about the surgery or other services that Dr. Esmailian offers.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Esmailian may want to take photos to place in your medical record. These photos are used in the development of the surgical plan.
As a double board certified plastic surgeon, the knowledge, skills and experience Dr. Esmailian possesses allows him to help individuals in Orange County obtain the look they desire. If you are considering an augmentation revision or any other cosmetic procedure, contact Dr. Farbod Esmailian’s office in Orange County today.
BREAST REVISION BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
- Orange County Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Gynecomastia Treatment
- Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Options
- Common Breast Implant Problems
- Nipple & Areola Reduction
- Silicone Breast Implants