Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery) Cost
Cost Involved in Rhinoplasty
If you are unhappy with the shape or angle of your nose, or want to rectify the tip of the nose, there is a cosmetic surgery option available by way of rhinoplasty. Sometimes, the surgery is not necessarily for aesthetic reasons, but to help improve breathing which may have been hampered owing to the nasal structure.
You could consult a plastic surgeon like Dr Farbod Esmailian who is board certified and is accessible to people in and around Orange County, Newport Beach, Torrance, Los Alamitos and Long Beach, CA. He will not only help you understand the procedure, but also explain what risks are involved, the care that needs to be taken post-cosmetic surgery and rhinoplasty costs involved.
Factors involved in overall costs
- Your plastic surgeonâs fee is one of the important aspects of the overall cost involved â this differs from facility to facility, but the national average is a little over $4,000, according to 2012 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- The location of your facility is another important factor and a Newport Beach facility could charge differently from an Orange County or a Torrance one. Fees for operating room facilities and other medical tests/procedures vary from state to state as well.
- The fees vary depending on how complex your cosmetic surgery is â is it just one part of the nose, or does it include multiple issues? Also, the cost depends on how long the surgery lasted â in simple cases, it could last about an hour, but could go on for longer than two hours too.
- If it is a revision surgery â one where your plastic surgeon has to rework on a past rhinoplasty, the fees could be higher.
- Are follow-up visits factored into the overall package? Check for this, because, even if the total figure looks big, you donât have to worry about subsequent visits.
Insurance and financing
There are companies that offer insurance if the corrective surgery taken up by your plastic surgeon is for medical reasons rather than for purely cosmetic reasons. If you find that it is difficult to bear the costs, there are finance options available â you could borrow loans for low-interest rates. Often, your plastic surgeonâs facility works with a set of companies to help patients with finance, and you could ask consultants at the surgeonâs office to help you with more information.
Surgery and after
Once you have settled finance issues, it is time to prepare for your surgery with the help of a set of instructions given to you by the doctor. The measures include avoiding smoking or over-the-counter medication that could trigger bleeding and taking adequate rest.
After surgery, the packing inside the nose will be taken out in a couple of days, while bandaging and the splint will be taken out in just over a weekâs time. You will be asked not to blow your nose for some weeks after the procedure to ensure the healing process is complete.
For more information on procedures and treatments Plastic Surgeon, Dr Farbod Esmailian performs in and around Orange County, Newport Beach, Torrance, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, CA please visit: