Breast Augmentation Surgery: Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
Many women seek plastic surgery procedures such as breast augmentation, breast lift, or breast reduction today, but not every woman may have a clear idea of what the procedure is all about. Dr. Farbod Esmailian encourages his patients to ask questions and clear all their doubts and concerns regarding the procedure at the time of pre-op consultations.
Patients in Orange County, Newport Beach, Torrance, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, CA, and nearby areas have an opportunity to consult with Dr. Esmailian for breast implants or other cosmetic procedures. Here is a list of certain basic questions that a patient may ask during a consultation with the surgeon for breast augmentation surgery.
Questions about the Surgeon
It is important for a patient to have a basic idea of the academic background and experience of the plastic surgeon who will perform the procedure. Major surgeries such as breast augmentation, breast lift, or breast reduction should be performed only by a qualified plastic surgeon with sufficient experience in performing breast surgeries.
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon?
- Have you received specific training in the field of plastic and cosmetic surgery?
- How many years of training did you receive prior to establishing your own practice as a plastic surgeon?
- Have you performed breast procedures in the past and breast augmentation surgery in particular?
- Where will the procedure be performed â at a hospital or another surgical facility?
Questions about the Procedure
- Am I well-suited to receive breast implant surgery?
- What doâs and donâts will I be required to follow before and after the surgery?
- What surgical technique will you employ to perform my surgery?
- What will be the expected duration of the procedure, and will it involve general anesthesia?
- How long will be the recovery period, and will it be painful and uncomfortable?
- What kind of risks and complications may arise during or after the surgery?
- What kind of results should I expect after the surgery?
- What is your policy with regard to the possibility of a revision surgery?
- Will you provide before and after images before a final decision on the surgery is taken?
- When is the earliest I should expect to return to work after the procedure?
Other Common Questions
- Which type of breast implants would you recommend?
- What is the difference between silicone and saline implants?
- What should be the most appropriate size of implants in my case?
- What will be the location of incisions?
- How conspicuous will be the scarring after the procedure?
- What shape of implants would be more suitable for me â teardrop or round shape?
- Is it all right to become pregnant after a breast augmentation surgery?
- Is breastfeeding a possibility for a woman with implants?
- Will the results be natural looking or do I need additional procedures to ensure a harmonious appearance?
Dr. Farbod Esmailian addresses all the queries and concerns in detail for his patients in Orange County, Newport Beach, Torrance, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, CA, and surrounding areas.
For more information on procedures and treatments Plastic Surgeon, Dr Farbod Esmailian performs in and around Orange County, Newport Beach, Torrance, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, CA please visit: