ORANGE COUNTY – SILICONE BREAST IMPLANTS SPECIALIST
Women around the country who are unhappy with their breast size, shape or symmetry, are undergoing breast augmentation procedures (i.e. breast implant surgery) to obtain a larger, more shapely breasts. Furthermore, many women residing in and around Orange County choose Dr. Farbod Esmailian to enhance their breasts via a breast augmentation.
BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH DR. ESMAILIAN
BREAST AUGMENTATION BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
BREAST AUGMENTATION PROCEDURES REMAIN THE TOP COSMETIC SURGERY PROCEDURE FOR 2017
The 2017 American Society of Plastic Surgery Statistics Report states that from 2016 to 2017 breast augmentation procedures increased by 3 percent. In addition, breast implant surgery maintained its position as the number one most frequently performed cosmetic surgery procedure in the U.S.
Breast augmentation surgery has consistently ranked as the top cosmetic surgery procedure for more than a decade and in 2016 the vast majority of these procedures were performed using silicone breast implants (84 percent).
ISSUES DR. FARBOD ESMAILIAN CAN ADDRESS WITH BREAST IMPLANT SURGERY IN ORANGE COUNTY
During a breast augmentation, Dr. Esmailian can use silicone implants to restore the breast volume that has been lost due to breastfeeding, pregnancy and/or weight loss.
A woman who has disproportionate and/or naturally small breasts can also benefit from a breast augmentation with silicone breast implants.
REASONS WOMEN CHOOSE TO UNDERGO BREAST IMPLANT SURGERY WITH DR. FARBOD ESMAILIAN AT HIS OFFICE IN ORANGE COUNTY
There are numerous reasons that a woman will choose to have breast implant surgery.
Possible reasons include:
- feeling insecure about the way her breasts look;
- wanting to improve her body proportions; and/or
- having problems finding properly fitting undergarments and clothes due to underdeveloped or uneven breasts.
Furthermore, Dr. Esmailian can use a breast augmentation with silicone implants to address breasts that have sustained an injury as well as breasts that require reconstruction following removal via a mastectomy.
Following their breast implant surgery, most of Dr. Esmailian’s patients say their self-esteem has improved and they feel more assured than they did prior to their breast augmentation.
WHY WOMEN CHOOSE SILICONE OVER SALINE
Silicone implants reduce the risk of post-operative problems, such as rippling and implant palpability. In addition, since silicone is more gelatinous than saline is, silicone typically creates a breast that looks and feels more natural.
WHAT DO SILICONE IMPLANTS CONSIST OF?
The gel used in these breast implants consists of an inert polymer that causes no known sensitivities, reactions or allergies to humans. Just like a piece of gummy bear candy, the molecules of this inert polymer are attached to one another in an interconnected matrix, which is why these implants maintain their shape.
DIFFERENT DEGREES OF COHESIVENESS ARE AVAILABLE IN ORANGE COUNTY
Silicone gel implants are now available in different degrees of cohesiveness. The gel that offers the most fluidity will provide the patient with the softest feeling result because the gel flows most easily this is referred to as the Responsive gel. The highly-cohesive silicone implants (i.e., gummy bear) are the stiffest form of silicone used in breast implants, referred to as the Cohesive gel. Gummy bear breast implants are frequently used for breast reconstruction purposes. And the third type of gel used is referred to as the Soft Touch gel. This line is the in between line, feeling slightly more firm than the Responsive but not as firm as the Cohesive line.
ARE SILICONE IMPLANTS APPROVED FOR USE BY THE FDA?
Yes, technological advancements have led to changes in the way silicone breast implants are manufactured. These changes have made silicone implants more stable than ever before. The FDA has approved these implants for use in women who are at least 22 years of age.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR AN AUGMENTATION WITH SILICONE IMPLANTS?
A woman who is healthy, at least 22 years of age and has breasts that look deflated, uneven or that have never fully developed may be a good candidate for breast augmentation using silicone implants.
Women who are considering breast enlargement via an augmentation with silicone implants should feel free to schedule a consultation with Dr. Farbod Esmailian.
A CONSULTATION WITH DR. ESMAILIAN AT HIS ORANGE COUNTY OFFICE
During this initial consultation, please be prepared to discuss your medical history and why you would like to have a breast augmentation with silicone breast implants.
Please inform Dr. Farbod Esmailian about your previous medical treatments and surgeries, current medications, any ongoing health conditions (e.g., diabetes, hypertension, etc.) as well as lifestyle choices (e.g., drinking alcoholic beverages, tobacco use and/or drug use). For your own safety, it is imperative that you are candid with Dr. Esmailian and his staff concerning these matters.
Please feel free to ask questions during your appointment. Some of our patients find it helpful to make a list of their questions to bring to their consultation.
Dr. Farbod Esmailian will most likely perform a physical examination of your breasts during this consultation. He will test the elasticity of the skin on your breasts, and take note of a variety of breast measurements. All of this information will be placed in your medical file. The photographs that are taken during your preoperative visithelp Dr. Esmailian evaluate your breast before the surgery and determine the best plan for your surgery. Following your physical breast examination, Dr. Farbod Esmailian will have the information he needs to recommend the breast enhancement procedure(s) he believes will provide you with the results you desire.
Dr. Esmailian can perform several breast enhancement procedures during the same surgical session at his office in Orange County. For example, he can perform a breast augmentation using silicone breast implants, a lift and a nipple-areola complex reduction during the same surgical session.
Dr. Farbod Esmailian takes the time to discuss the benefits, potential complications and specific information related to breast implant recovery with each patient prior to her breast enhancement procedure(s).
Once you choose Dr. Esmailian as your surgeon for the breast enhancement procedure(s) you desire, he will create a treatment plan that is tailored to meet your specific needs. He will guide you and help you get the breasts that you desire.
CUSTOM-DESIGNED SILICONE BREAST IMPLANT SURGERY IN ORANGE COUNTY
Every patient is unique, which is why Dr. Farbod Esmailian creates each of his patients a customized breast augmentation plan. By creating these personalized treatment plans, Dr. Esmailian can provide his patients with the natural-looking, beautifully-contoured breasts they desire.
BREAST AUGMENTATION OPTIONS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Now that you know you want to have a breast augmentation with silicone breast implants, you need to consider a few more options; however, Dr. Farbod Esmailian will assist you with making some of these decisions.
Silicone breast implant surgery options:
– it is common for women to have one breast that is slightly larger than the other: For this reason, to achieve a symmetrical result, some women require implants of two different sizes. The size of the implants that will provide you with the result you desire depends on a variety of factors, including your current breast size, personal goals and Dr. Esmailian’s recommendations.
– Dr. Farbod Esmailian will help you choose the profile that will give you optimal results. The profile he recommends is based on your proportions, goals and volume you desire. Typically, to attain pleasing results, a patient with a small frame will need a higher profile implant that is not too broad at the base.
– traditional silicone gel breast implants are usually round. Gummy bear breast implants are available in a variety of shapes. A round implant generally fills out the upper portion of the breast; whereas, a shaped breast implant offers a gentle sloping look to the breast profile. When placed by an experienced plastic surgeon like Dr. Esmailian, both round and teardrop-shaped breast implants can look natural.
– Dr. Farbod Esmailian can create several different kinds of incisions to insert silicone breast implants during surgery. The incision he recommends is based on the type of implant the patient chooses, the size of the implant and the patient’s physical characteristics. Incision options include transaxillary (armpit), periareolar (along the interior edge of the base of the nipple), inframammary (at the breast crease) and transumbilical (thru the navel).
Silicone implant placement options
– a silicone breast implant can be placed Subpectorally (behind the muscle) or Subglandularly(in front of the muscle). If the implant is placed Subglandularly, it rests in a pocket just beneath the breast tissue. If it is placed Subpectorally, the implant rests in a pocket created beneath the tissue and pectoral muscle of the breast. Dr. Esmailian helps determine the best implant placement for each patient based on her unique physical characteristics.
Type of Silicone Gel
– patients now have a choice between 3 different silicone gel types. Those are named Responsive, Soft Touch and Cohesive. The Responsive is referred to as Type 1 gel. It is very soft and can give a very natural feel and look depending on the size and profile use. The Soft Touch is referred to as Type 2 gel and is one step up from the Responsive. It is slightly more firm and can camouflage the implant a bit more than the Responsive. It also decreases the rippling than can occur in patients that are very thin and given the more firm gel, it give a slightly more round look with more upper pole fullness. The Type 3 gel, referred to as the Cohesive line is the most firm silicone gel available on the market. It significantly decreases the rippling in thin patients as well as given the more rounded look and more upper pole fullness.
A BREAST AUGMENTATION PROCEDURE WITH DR. FARBOD ESMAILIAN IN ORANGE COUNTY
Since you will be given anesthesia during your Orange County breast augmentation, you need to bring a licensed driver with you on the day of your breast implant surgery. This rule was implemented to protect our patients. Dr. Esmailian would like the driver or someone else that you trust to remain with you for at least the first 24 hours after surgery.
1. Administering Anesthesia
– prior to the start of your procedure, you receive medications that are designed to keep you comfortable throughout your breast implant surgery. You will be completely asleep during the procedure.
2. Creating the Incision
– since you have had discussions with Dr. Farbod Esmailian, you will know the type of incision that he is creating. Dr. Esmailian uses his artistic vision to create an incision in the area of the breast where it will remain well hidden.
3. Placing the Implant
– the implant’s pocket is created Subglandularly or Subpectorally and Dr. Farbod Esmailian inserts the silicone breast implant using the revolutionary Keller Funnel device. The Keller Funnel device limits the friction between the implant and the incision; thus, improving the safety of the breast augmentation procedure even more. It also allows Dr. Esmailian to make a smaller incision as well as allowing the No Touch Technique.
4. Closing the Breast Tissue
– once both implants are in place, Dr. Esmailian carefully reviews the location, size and appearance of the breasts. When he is satisfied with the way the breasts look, he uses a layering technique to close the breast tissue.
5. Closing the Incision
– Dr. Farbod Esmailian brings the outer incision together using a special suturing technique that is specifically designed to minimize scarring. While incision lines will be visible directly following your breast augmentation, these lines do fade with time.
6. Applying the Bandage and Support Bra
– incision closure is followed by the application of a special surgical tape and a support bra.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHILE RECOVERING FROM A BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH SILICONE BREAST IMPLANTS
You will be given important information related to your recovery, restrictions and follow-up appointments at the time of your preoperative appointment so you will be well prepared when you arrive home. Prescriptions will also be given for all the medication you may need for after your surgery. All of the information you receive is designed to assist you in remaining as comfortable as possible and enjoying an event-free recovery.
Recovering from a breast augmentation:
- The incision created during the procedure takes about 48 hours to close; however, complete healing can take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks. Therefore, you may shower in 48 hours.
- Post-surgical scarring usually depends on where the incision was created and the technique that was used to create the incision. Most of Dr. Esmailian’s patients’ scars reach their final appearance within 12 months of their breast implant surgery.
- As with all surgeries, you will feel uncomfortable. While most patients do not require any pain medications, Dr. Farbod Esmailian does provide prescription medications when needed. Most patients do very well with the muscle relaxants and regular Tylenol.
- Your ability to return to school or work depends on your recovery and the type of work you perform.
- Many of Dr. Farbod Esmailian’s patients return to work within 3-5 days of their procedure, if not sooner.
- Dr. Esmailian prefers that patients wait 4 weeks before they return to performing vigorous activities (e.g., exercises, running, etc.).
You will see the results of your breast augmentation immediately. Swelling is normal following breast implant surgery. There should be minimal to no bruising. In time, incision sites will diminish and the results attained will be fully visible. At 1 month time patients are allowed to resume full activity. At 2 month time the breast will have settled a bit and will be looking good. It is not until 4 month time when the breasts have completely settled and everything will be looking great.
If you are interested in learning more about the breast enhancement procedures available in Orange County, contact Dr. Farbod Esmailian’s office at 562.430.7373. As a general surgeon and board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Esmailian has the skills and experience necessary to provide you with the beautifully contoured, voluptuous, natural-looking breasts that you desire.
- Orange County Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Gummy Bear Breast Implants
- Breast Lift with Augmentation
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Options
- Common Breast Implant Problems
- Nipple & Areola Reduction
- Silicone Breast Implants