As we age, the forehead and eyebrows are particularly affected. The eyebrows can assume a lowered, angry look, while the forehead can be riddled with wrinkles. When this occurs, a brow lift is the procedure to restore smooth contours and raise the eyebrows. While this is a procedure that can easily be overdone to create a waxy, constantly surprised expression, Dr. Esmailian delivers it with taste and subtlety.
BROW LIFT OVERVIEW
The upper third of the face is susceptible to deep creases that can make patients look angry, worn out or sad. The purpose of a brow lift is to soften facial lines and raise the eyebrows, lending a softer and more pleasing appearance to the face. A brow lift will effectively handle:
- Creases across the forehead or between the eyes
- Vertical creases between the eyebrows
- A low brow that sits directly over the eyes
- Sagging upper eyelids
BROW LIFT PROCEDURE
A brow lift is done under local or general anesthetic to provide total comfort during the procedure. This decision will be made according to our board certified anesthesiologist, with your preference taken into account.
The technique used in a brow lift can vary depending upon what needs to be handled. The technique used will dictate which incisions are used, which will in turn affect the resulting scars. Dr. Esmailian may use one of the following techniques to give the results you want:
- An endoscopic brow lift is minimally invasive. It is done through tiny incisions made behind the hairline. Through these incisions, Dr. Esmailian uses specialized instruments to tighten the underlying muscles and tissues.
- A coronal brow lift uses incisions made behind the hairline across the top of the head. Once the incision is made, Dr. Esmailian will pull the forehead skin upwards, overlapping the scalp behind the incision. He will then see how much excess skin needs to be removed. Once it has been removed, he repositions the remaining skin and closes the incision.
There are several other techniques that may be used to positively affect the appearance of the forehead and eyebrows. Upon your initial consultation, Dr. Esmailian will listen to your concerns and review all options. His passion for making patients happy is what motivates him to deliver the best brow lift Orange County has available. Please call us to ask any questions you like or to schedule a consultation.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION WITH DR. ESMAILIAN IN ORANGE COUNTY
When you meet with Dr. Esmailian to discuss the reasons you are interested in a brow lift and what is your main area of concern, as well as, you will need to discuss your medical history with him. Additionally, he will want to know about your family’s medical history.
He will also want to know:
- Which medications you take, including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements.
- Whether you drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes and/or use recreational drugs. Make a list of your medications ahead of time to bring with you. The list should include the name of the medication, what the medication is for, dosages and times taken.
BROW LIFT SURGERY IN ORANGE COUNTY, CA
Changes to the forehead and brow are frequently the first signs of aging. The skin loses its elasticity, wind, sun and gravity all negatively affect the face. Dr. Farbod Esmailian is a double board certified plastic surgeon who addresses forehead wrinkles, frown lines and heavy looking eyebrows with a brow lift.
REASONS PEOPLE IN ORANGE COUNTY CHOOSE TO HAVE A BROW LIFT
Individuals in Orange County visit Dr. Esmailian’s facility and request a brow lift for numerous reasons. Issues with the forehead and brow can make an individual appear tired, sad or even angry; therefore, many people in Orange County want a brow lift because they feel their appearance does not represent the way they are actually feeling.
BROW LIFT – ANESTHESIA
The brow lift procedure with Dr. Esmailian in Orange County usually takes one to two hours depending on the particular browlift being performed: endoscopic, coronal (traditional), pretrichial.
Prior to a browlift, patients receive anesthesia to ensure they remain comfortable throughout their procedure. Dr. Esmailian’s board certified anesthesiologist administers the general anesthesia. Whereas, local anesthesia simply numbs the area being treated, general anesthesia causes the patient to sleep. Local anesthesia is also injected once the patient is asleep. This helps with the discomfort after the patient is awakened.
Incision placement is the main difference between the methods Dr. Esmailian has to choose from when he performs a brow lift in Orange County.
DIFFERENT BROW LIFT METHODS IN ORANGE COUNTY
Classic/Traditional Brow Lift Surgery
When Dr. Esmailian performs a classic/traditional/coronal brow lift surgery, he creates one long incision that begins level with the ear and runs along the hairline to the other ear, within the hair: With this longer incision, Dr. Esmailian raises the brow, excises the excess skin and smooths the forehead. The muscles that cause the frown lines as well as the forehead lines are all addressed with this approach. He then closes the incision with sutures and staples, cleans the area and applies bandages.
Endoscopic Brow Lift Surgery
This procedure is the newest approach to addressing issues with the forehead and brow. Dr. Esmailian makes three small incisions just behind the hairline. He uses these incisions to insert a scope, which is a thin tube that has a camera on the end of it, and the instruments he uses to release the skin and underlying muscles during the brow lift procedure. The new brow position is then set with small ENDOTINES, which are rake like devices that help hold the brow in the new position until all the healing has occurred, afterwards they dissolve on their own. Once all issues are addressed, Dr. Esmailian closes the incisions, cleans the areas and applies bandages.
An endoscopic brow lift is less invasive than the classic brow lift surgery is; hence, there is a reduced risk of scarring and numbness and the patient has a faster recovery.
Some of Dr. Esmailian’s patients in Orange County choose to have an upper eyelid surgery in conjunction with their brow lift. Dr. Esmailian discusses each patient’s options with them during their initial consultation at his office in Orange County.
BROW LIFT – RECOVERY
- No matter which method Dr. Esmailian uses to perform a brow lift, swelling and bruising is common. These symptoms generally last about 10 days. Some patients experience swelling in other areas as well, including the eye and cheek areas. This is nothing to be concerned with.
- Patients need to keep their head elevated for the first 48 hours following their brow lift procedure. Keeping the head elevated reduces swelling.
- Use cold compresses as a means to reduce swelling.
- As the incisions heal, many patients experience a bit of numbness and itching. Both of the symptoms will fade with time.
- Dr. Esmailian usually removes the staples within 10-14 days of the brow lift procedure. Patients who have bandages should expect them to be removed sometime between one to three days.
- The majority of Dr. Esmailian’s patients recover within two weeks; however, patients may still need to avoid strenuous activities for 4-6 weeks.
If you would like to know more about these procedures and the many other procedures Dr. Esmailian performs, contact his office today.
- Orange County Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Options
- Common Breast Implant Problems
- Nipple & Areola Reduction
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Removal (Breast Explant Surgery)